Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

twiggi-sme-server-1.10.12-0.noarch.rpm

Sylvan

twiggi-sme-server-1.10.12-0.noarch.rpm
« on: January 31, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »
Hi,

I did downloaded this ftom Darrell's contrib folder.
It install without any problem, but I can't login in
What is the admin password ???

I tried twiggi_admin and twig!gi as a password like mention on sourceforge documentation but it seems to not be this one.

Any clue!!!
Thanks for replying.

Kevin McClain

Re: twiggi-sme-server-1.10.12-0.noarch.rpm
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 03:24:56 PM »

Jeroen

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 05:58:54 PM »
On what version did you install it. I tried to install it on 5.1.2 and got the following error:
file /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/esmith from install of twiggi-sme-server-1.10.12-0 conflicts with file from package e-smith-lib-1.8.0-02

Anybody have any idea what might be the problem here?

Thanks

Jeroen

ryan

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 09:19:51 PM »
The lastest version of twiggi is 1.10.3 on sourcforge.net.  I have this running on 5.1.2 and 5.6...but I used the sourceforge version, not the commerical version, so I had to do a lot of tweaking to get it to run.  You might play with the free download version if you don't have support for the commerical product.  Hope this helps you solve your problem.

ryan

Kelvin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 03:33:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

If you are working with the sourceforge version, one point of interest is the following from the installation guide :-

>4. make configuration
>
># cd /twiggi/install
># ./twiggi_custom_conf
>
>You must run this command every time after you have upgraded to a new twiggi
>version or when new user accounts have been added to your Linux system.

This leads me to believe you need to patch some templates in SME (specifically the templates that deal with adding / removing users) in order for this to work or else, everytime you add users, you will need to rerun the twiggi_custom_conf script by hand.

Comments ?

Kelvin

ryan

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 03:51:14 AM »
Kevin,

You are right.  I use putty to login after adding a user and usually hit the up arrow until I get the commands...takes less than a minute.  This is not really an issue as I always follow this with logging as the twiggi admin to add a personal group for the new user.  I also login in as the user to set twiggi preferences to make twiggi as easy to use as possible and add the user to the contacts list.  All told, adding a user to SME and twiggi takes about 5 minutes.  

If you know which files to edit to add the command line statements, please post them.  Regardless, I don't see how to avoid adding a group and a contact for the new user in twiggi.  I don't mind doing it as it is job security and faster than adding a user to Active Directory and Exchange.

ryan

Kelvin

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2003, 04:01:08 AM »
Hi Ryan,

I'm by no means an expert on this and don't claim to be. I just post observations as I come across them and from experience.

Like others I know, it would be nice if someone else more knowledgeable with the innerworkings of SME to actually list out which templates need to be looked at if we were to automate the twiggi requirement. Yes, this is reinventing the wheel as Darrell May's already got an rpm on this. However, I feel it is important knowledge for all to share should a similar situation arise in the future for some other add-in program.

Kelvin

ryan

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2003, 04:21:31 AM »
I agree with you completely.  I always try to provide information or help to others.  This forum is excellent.  I also enjoy the challenge to make it work....without a simple rpm install.  I would have purchased twiggi from D. May, but I was concerned about licensing if I where to do multiple installs at different companies.  I am learning linux to get away from Microsofts licensing bull @!#$.  Anyway, I have used SME and twiggi to avoid small offices from purchasing a MS domain controller and Exchange server.  This saves a ton of money for them considering I ususally install SME on a new Dell PowerEdge 500 or 600 series server....for under 800 bucks!!

Since this is a twiggi conversation, keep your eye on KDE's Kolab server.  The german government funded (millions) into an open source email server that will run on the major linux distros and be a drop in replacement for Exchange.  Add to this the plan for Samba 3.0 which is Active Directory integration/replacement and Microsoft can be completely replaced in the enterprise at the server level.  SME for routers, RedHat and Kolab for email, SME file & print services, and mySQL database, who needs Microsoft servers?  And the new Lycrois distro is almost a Microsoft XP clone (but runs slow).  I downloaded my first linux distro just over a year ago and I can't believe the progress the open source community has made in that time.  

take it easy,

ryan

Kelvin

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2003, 04:27:39 AM »
Cheers ! :-)

Kelvin

steve lewis

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 11:07:05 PM »
Did anyone figure out how to login to this?

I have just installed this and am going to figure it out, unless of course some has already done it.

Steve L.

ryan

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 12:45:47 AM »
The rpm in Darrell's contrib folder appears to be the TWIG project which not the same as the Twiggi (sourceforg) I have running on my system.  Since they are very similar software, I have not explored getting TWIG to work.

ryan

Mike S.

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 07:56:29 PM »
Hi!

I am also unable to login to Twiggi on my SME 5.6 install. I rebooted the machine, but that did not help. I checked to make sure that my username is in the Twiggi control panel and it is, but it keeps rejecting me based on the password. Yes, I know I am putting in the right password :-) I also tried leaving the password filed blank etc..

Any suggestions??

Thanks, Mike

Mike S.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 09:05:37 PM »
OK.. I feel dumb now. I figured out how to login.. I needed to change the IMAP port and IMAP path settings to "143/notls" and "/" respectively. Now I am able to login... I wish they were all this easy!  :-)

steve lewis

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2003, 02:51:25 AM »
Works for me too. Well, I missed this too. I was pretty much black and white.

Steve