Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Zarafa smetest .26 update

Offline steveyb

• +0/-0
    • Attorney SEO Marketing
Zarafa smetest .26 update
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »
Help

Well I ran the update "yum update smeserver-zarafa --enablerepo=smetest" and now outlook will not open and users messages stores appear to have been cleaned out any ideal what happened and how can I fix?

I have uninstalled Zarfa by rpm -e smeserver-zarafa-0.9.0-26.el4.sme from my sme 7.3 server then deleted the zarafa database reinstalled the "yum update smeserver-zarafa --enablerepo=smetest" now I'm getting "Loading 80zarafa.5265 into mysql execvp: Permission denied  [FAILED]" when running "/etc/e-smith/events/actions/zarafa-install" 

Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 01:38:50 AM by steveyb »

Offline sataury

• +0/-0
Re: Zarafa smetest .26 update
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »
Same for me I tried an update of smeserver-zarafa rmp and I've lost all emails and I'm not able to connect with outlook.
Did you find any answer to your problem or did you find any solution ?

Offline johnp

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »
When I installed it on 7.3, I found that it put a space in the mysql password. You may want to verify your db and cfg settings. The wiki states 7.4 and a clean install for operation FYI.

Offline sataury

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »
I've read that zarafa should be installed on a fresh SME install, and also that this is for the moment a beta release. As you I didn't have any real problem to install Zarafa the first time and I'm impressed by the result.
However I had some small issues and wanted to update those software.
Now I'm in the worst case, I've lost my saved emails and would like to have them back, without reinstalling all the server (I've done so much installation and tweaking to have it all working the way I want to...).

I've just seen that emails contents and data structure is saved by zarafa into mysql into a database called zarafa. i've got an update of that database made by affa, in the form of a file named zarafa.dump. Then, if supposing there is no compatibility issue, I should be able to remove the current database and reimport the backup.
I've installed phpmyadmin but there are multiple formats of import, and at this point I would like to be sure of what I'm doing.
Anyone have done such things and could help ? Thank you.

Offline sataury

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »
Well,
After some search and tries, I had it done.
Please note that it worked for me to have my zarafa back from zarafa 6.20 to 6.20.4. It can have some incompatibilies between other versions that could prevent these action to work. Just do a full backup of data before doing anything !
Here are the steps I followed to have my emails back in zarafa :
  • in PhpMyadmin, remove all tables into zarafa database
  • Open a ssh terminal on the server and connect as root
  • go into directory where affa has saved the previous correct zarafa database. In my case this was in /mnt/UsbBackup/affa/UsbBackup/daily.0/home/e-smith/db/mysql (a backup Usb disk for sure)
  • type mysql < zarafa.dump.I understand that the backup file is an sql command file, then we only need to parse the file with mysql
  • it should be done
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:31:32 PM by sataury »