Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

yum --downloadonly

Offline GlitchFreak

• +0/-0
yum --downloadonly
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »
Hey there

I'm looking to install the yum-downloadonly plugin but all the rpms I find need yum 3 and greater.

Can I install yum 3 one SME server?
Or, does anyone know of a lower version of yum-downloadonly

FYI, its a package that adds a flag into yum that allows you to download updates ONLY without installing them :)

Offline byte

• +2/-0
Re: yum --downloadonly
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
Moving this topic to the SME 7.x contribs forum, it is more appropriate there. Thanks!
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
Hey there

I'm looking to install the yum-downloadonly plugin but all the rpms I find need yum 3 and greater.

Can I install yum 3 one SME server?
No, since yum 3 is only released for RHEL5 based systems, SME 7.x is based on CentOS 4, which is based on RHEL4. Yum 3 will be available on SME Server 8.

Or, does anyone know of a lower version of yum-downloadonly
No, unfortunately I do not.

FYI, its a package that adds a flag into yum that allows you to download updates ONLY without installing them :)
Why do you think it was named that way? ;-)
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline pfloor

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 12:43:16 AM »
<hint>
downloadonly was once part of yum-utils.  You may be able to extract it out of an older version from yum-utils.
</hint>
In life, you must either "Push, Pull or Get out of the way!"

Offline GlitchFreak

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »
Why do you think it was named that way? ;-)

Hehehe just an FYI for someone wondering what I'm hammering on about  :lol:

<hint>
downloadonly was once part of yum-utils.  You may be able to extract it out of an older version from yum-utils.
</hint>

Thanks Pfloor. Will make it happen :)

Thanks everyone. Keep well!!

Offline GlitchFreak

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
<hint>
</hint>

I found the utils page http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumUtils/Plugins/Downloadonly?highlight=(CategoryYumUtils)nd now have both the config file and the python script. I tried to ruun the script, but it fails with:

Code: [Select]
ImportError: cannot import name TYPE_INTERACTIVE
Does anyone have a pointer for me please?